But how are they to call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? -Romans 10:14-15

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Forgotten Love


For the Youth Fellowship girls night at the church, I volunteered to bake pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Because it's fall, and they're my favorite, and... enough said, right? 

The hitch came in though with canned pumpkin puree not being a thing here. Like... how am I supposed to make pumpkin muffins without pumpkin?! 

Randomly enough though Julie had been given a massive pumpkin just a couple weeks earlier. She doesn't even like pumpkin, so... what do you do with a pumpkin? 

Why, you cut it in half, gut it, bake it, skin it and puree it of course! And presto! Pumpkin muffins! Like no biggy.

Gutting it 
Baking those bad boys
Skinning it!
Pumpkin Puree!
Ta-da!! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins! 
The real finished product
 Conclusion, why have I never made my own puree before? Never again am I buying the canned stuff! 


Not only were the muffins a success, the girl's night was too! 



1 comment:

  1. I knew you would be able to use your baking skills as a ministry, Jes!! So happy it turned out well. I'm certain the muffins were AMAZING 😍.

    ReplyDelete